Alright, so I haven’t written anything in roughly two months. WHAT? I will say right now, that I am a bit angry with myself that I didn’t hold true to my word that I would be updating and blogging and yadda yadda yadda. I do however have some wonderful memories that I would really like to put down in words so that I can retrieve them at any point and to share!
Where to begin, well, these past two months and two days have been positively AHMAZING. I can’t even believe it’s already been two months! Time really flies when you’re dreaming :) Cheesy, I know, but that’s allowed here! Now we shall start from the very beginning!
- -So I checked in on August 15th to begin my Disney College Program. I got to check in pretty early and I don’t regret it one bit. I met up with two of my roommates that I met on Facebook prior to check in. Then we met the other three in line! It all went swimmingly from there. We all breezed through the check-in process(went through Vista way-to casting-and then to our apartment!) We got a three bedroom apartment at Patterson court and it is very nice. We are all very happy here! (The other complexes aren’t awful, but we felt best fit here!) Here is a check-list of things that I brought with me)(JAMIE)
- Complete bed set
- Bathroom mats
- Business attire/dress clothes
- Casual summer wear
- Jeans/sweaters (It’s starting to cool off down here!)
- Work out clothes
- Swim suits
- Alarm clock
- Writing utensils
- Laundry basket
- I.D’s of all sorts
- Combination lock
- Some food to hold me over for the first few days
I did discover, though, that I would need to buy quite a bit when I got down here. SO my parents stayed a little bit longer and helped me to shop and buy the finishing touches! These items included:
- More food
- Cleaning supples
- Lotions/liquid soaps (We drove down, but we didn’t want anythign to spill or explode)
- Wireless router
- Random decorative things (Nothing extravagant)
From there I’ve pretty much been coasting on the same stuff. Clothing wise especially. I very much like to buy new clothes every once in a while. It’s very hard to do so when the most available thing to you without having a car, is a Wal Mart.
-I checked in on a Wednesday and was almost completely settled on the following Friday. My roommates and I decided that it would be fun to play at Magic Kingdom on Friday since we all got our Cast I.D.’s on Saturday morning. We all had different timings for our traditions class so we paired up and went at separate times. I will never ever forget the moment when my roommate, Elise, said, “Close your eyes,” in the middle of town square. After being skeptical about it I obliged and so she lead me somewhere that I was unsure of. She finally told me to open my eyes and there it was. It was Cinderella’s castle! It was glowing in it’s magical glory with all of Main Street lit up in the night! It was so special, it got me a little teary eyed! Haha! Later on that evening we all sat down to watch Disney’s Electrical Parade! It was magical as ever! Seeing all the characters with lights all over their costumes making them glow as they did and do every night! SO MAGICAL. After the parade, we headed over in front of Cinderella’s castle so that we could watch WISHES, Disney’s fireworks show. We were in for a pleasant surprise when a little segment called “Magical Memories and You” started displaying on the castle! Unfortunately, they aren’t doing that anymore, but I hear it might be coming back! Anyways, that ended and “Wishes” starts. Can I just say, I love DIsney World. This fireworks show is my FAVORITE EVER. It started and I got chills. I was just staring at the castle saying, “I work here.” I bawled like a little baby. It was tears of joy for sure. I hold that night very close to my heart because of how special I felt and how amazing it was to see it all for the first time. Every time I feel a little bit down, I think back to that feeling and these memories to understand how it is such a blessing to be here!
-The day after my first [park] magical memory I had Welcome to Entertainment. It was a lot of fun and we were surprised to travel to Magic Kingdom and look at random aspects of Entertainment around the park. We walk up to the castle and our instructors walk away from us. What starts playing, but the show that I had been watching back home on youtube and falling in love with. IT WAS “DREAM ALONG WITH MICKEY” I almost died. It was so magical and wonderful and another dream come true. I finally go to watch my favorite show. In real life! It was a beautiful day that day. I took a lesson from my old pal Peter Pan and I certainly let my dreams set sail.
- After I settled into the apartment and started getting to know my job a little better I got to pay attention to meeting more people and making more friends! I got to play in the parks a lot more! I got to notice more about the parks themselves and their surroundings. I am still NEEDING to explore and try and successfully do everything that Disney has to offer. Which is a lot. But I am going to plan my days off to spend entire days at the parks just doing EVERYTHING. It’s going to happen. It needs to happen. Otherwise, what the heck am I doing here!?
-While I’m not working, I go to Wal Mart, play in the parks, eat at Chik-fil-a, go to Downtown Disney, clean (for housing inspection, we got a white glove, nbd :P), do laundry, watch movies, organize, hang out with friends, meet new people, sing DIsney, buy Disney music, take pictures, have fun…the list could go on. Opportunities are endless!
-I have spent a good amount of time in each park. I love love love spending time in Magic Kingdom! I probably have spent the most of my free “park-time” there! I’m also at Epcot a lot as well. The Food & Wine festival is going on right now and let me tell you, that food is great! I haven’t spent as much time as Animal Kingdom as I would like and that goes the same with Hollywood Studios! I think that goes to show that I need to dedicate days and money to go to a park for a full day and just do EVERYTHING. :)
-New Fantasyland has been softly opening up! Enchanted Tales with Belle, Ariel’s grotto and her ride are up and running! I signed up for the cast preview next week which I totally excited and pumped about! I am going to get dressed up and take somewhere around a million pictures? Sounds like a good start to me.
- I love my job here. I love my friends here. I love where I live. I love my roommates. I love life here. Though, It’s not always sunshine and daisies I always try to make the best of it because it has always been a dream to be here. We are here to make magic for everyone in the world that walks through those gates and beyond! It’s so wonderful to be able to be a part of that magic and see the smiles that it brings to peoples faces. I appreciate and feel blessed for everything that I am a part of and everyone that I meet. Here are some great videos that just put me in a wonderful Disney mood :)
Dream Along With Mickey: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD5tLmJ9NBc
Where dreams really do come true